Immigration Office, Embassies and Passports
IMMIGRATION OFFICE IN TOYAMA
Location: Ist Floor, Toyama Airport Terminal Building, 30 Akigashima Toyama, Toyama Prefecture 939-8252, Japan. For directions, please click here. From Toyama Station to the airport costs 400 yen.
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday: 9am – 12pm and 1pm – 4pm. (closed on weekends and public holidays)
Note: It is actually the Nagoya Regional Immigration Bureau Toyama Branch Office (Toyama Airport domestic terminal building 1 floor)
Useful Information: The Toyama office is especially busy on Mondays and Wednesday, they recommend that if you go on these days you should go on a Monday at 9am and on a Wednesday at 1pm.
– Please remember to take note of the expiry date of your passport. For most countries, you are unable to travel 6-months prior to the expiration date of your passport.
– It is highly recommended that you scan the first page of your passport containing your bio as well as your Japanese visa. Please e-mail it to yourself or to a close friend or relative. Doing this helps expedite the process of getting a new passport should you lose your document.
If you lose your passport, you will need to do the following immediately:
1. Contact your embassy (see the list below)
2. Call the Lost & Found Helpline, 0120-46-1997 and report it to your local police station. Incidents of theft are uncommon in Japan and your passport is likely to be turned in if it is found.
3. Replace your work visa and have your re-entry permits stamped. (Taken from Niigata JETs)
– Canada (Note that the Embassy of Canada moved to Manila, Philippines)
– Trinidad and Tobago (Contact the London Office for passport inquires)