FOR JETs GOING ON TO THEIR FOURTH YEAR
Reappointed ALTs who will have stayed in Japan for 3 years.
(Before they apply for their visa renewal, they need to pay the local inhabitants’ tax.)
You can apply 3 months before your current visa expires. It takes about 2 – 4 weeks to have your new visa issued at the Immigration Office, which is in Toyama Airport. (You will be mailed a notice saying when you can obtain it at the Immigration Office.)
THINGS TO BRING TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE:
1. Application Form (APPLICATION FOR EXTENSION OF PERIOD OF STAY)
– The first 3 pages should be filled out by you.
– The last page should be filled out and an official seal should be put on it by your CO.
2. Document stating your CO is going to employ you for the upcoming JET year, which is issued by your CO. （再任用にかかる確認書）.
3. Document stating how much you earned in the previous, and a document stating that you’ve paid for your local inhabitant’s tax, which is issued by your City Hall. （住民税の課税証明書及び納税証明書）.
5. Residency Card (Alien Registration Card)
6. A photo (4 cm × 3 cm） for the new Residency Card
7. 4,000 yen (when you receive your new visa) to buy the 収入印紙 (shuunyuu inshi) on the 2nd floor.
When you receive your new visa, you will get your Residency Card at the Immigration Office.
JETs can travel abroad and come back to Japan without a re-entry permit- just make sure to have your residency card.
(When you leave Japan and come back to Japan, you’ll have to show your Alien Registration Card or Residency Card at an international airport.)
Special paid leave called tokkyuu is provided when you go to the Immigration Office in Toyama Airport.